Valuation Banding Appeals

In certain circumstances you can make a proposal to change the band your property is in.

Examples of when you can appeal include the following:

  • If there have been physical changes in your area which could affect the value of your property.
  • If you become a new Council Tax payer for a property, you have six months within which to challenge the valuation band.
  • If you want to delete a property from the valuation list if it no longer exists or if you think it should no longer be liable for Council Tax.
  • If you have received a notice from the listing officer advising you that the entry for your property in the valuation list has been altered – you have six months to make a proposal if you do not agree with the change.
  • If your property becomes, or stops being, a composite property. (A composite property is one which contains both domestic and non-domestic property)

Appeals should be in writing and addressed to:

Valuation Office Agency
Ty Glyder, 339 High Street
North Wales
LL57 1EP

Your appeal should contain the following.

  • Your name and address.
  • The property to which the appeal applies.
  • The way in which you propose the band should change, for example, to a higher or lower band.
  • The reason you believe the banding to be incorrect.

More information on appeals is available on the Valuation Office Agency website.

Last Modified: 05/12/2018
For more information contact:

Revenues & Benefits

Tel: 01495 766129


Back to top