Cost of living payments
Low income benefits and tax credits Cost of Living Payment
You may be entitled to up to three Cost of Living Payments of £301, £300 and £299 if you get any of the following benefits or tax credits on certain dates:
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
When you’ll be paid
If you’re entitled, you will get:
- £301 paid during spring 2023 for most people
- £300 paid during autumn 2023 for most people
- £299 paid during spring 2024 for most people
The payment will be made automatically and paid separately from your benefit.
This section will be updated with the qualifying dates for each payment when they have been announced.
Disability Cost of Living Payment
You may be entitled to a Disability Cost of Living Payment of £150 if you get any of the following benefits on a certain date:
- Attendance Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance for adults
- Disability Living Allowance for children
- Personal Independence Payment
- Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
- Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
When you’ll be paid
Most people will be paid the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment during summer 2023.
If you were getting a qualifying benefit from the Ministry of Defence and a qualifying benefit from DWP, you will get a Disability Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.
This section will be updated with the payment dates before the payments start.
Pensioner Cost of Living Payment
If you’re entitled to a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2023 to 2024, you will get an extra £150 or £300 paid with your normal payment from November 2023.
The full amount of Winter Fuel Payment (including the Pensioner Cost of Living Payment) you will get for winter 2023 to 2024 depends on when you were born and your circumstances during the qualifying dates.
You can get a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2023 to 2024 if you were born before 24 September 1957.
You will be sent a letter in October or November telling you how much Winter Fuel Payment you’ll get if you’re eligible.
This section will be updated with the qualifying dates for the payment when they are published.
Last Modified: 23/03/2023
Back to top