Pontypool Indoor Market
About the market
Pontypool Indoor Market is located in the centre of the town in a Grade II listed building that dates back to around 1893. The market has undergone an extensive £2.5 million refurbishment over the last three years, and the final touches were completed in June 2015.
Trading at the market
The Pontypool Economy and Renewal Team are now in the process of seeking new businesses for the market to create a diverse shopping offer, and are looking for quality traders who are enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a high level of customer service.
The following stalls are currently available for rental:
- Ventilated Catering: for food retailers that will be cooking on site
- Catering: for food retailers without a cooking requirement
- Refreshment: for pre-pack or off-the-shelf food retailers
- Non Food: For non catering traders
- Casual stalls: Providing flexible trading, these stalls are rented on a daily or weekly basis and can be moved to strategic locations around the market. These stalls are ideal for test trading or start up businesses.
Stall costs range from £35 to £140 per week, with options for a six month license for test-trading, a 12 month license or a three year license. There are currently discounts for traders joining the market before 2017. Traders will also have access to the council’s range of business support services.
For more information on trading at the market contact the market manager on 01495 742757 or fill out an Pontypool Indoor Market - Expression of Interest Form.
Where to find us
The indoor market is located in Pontypool town centre and accessed from Market Street, Crane Street and Commercial Street. Post code is NP4 6JW.
Last Modified: 23/03/2016
Back to top