CreaTe Local Action Group
The Local Action Group (LAG) supports and oversees delivery of RDP activity in line with the Torfaen Local Development Strategy 2014-2020 by ensuring real needs of Torfaen’s rural communities are met. Representation from all sectors of the community is vital to its success and membership is made up of local farmers, private businesses, voluntary and public sector organisations.
The core objectives of CreaTe are to:-
- Develop an ethos of community ownership of initiatives and the nurturing of grass roots projects.
- Provide support networks and advice to help regenerate our rural communities.
- Create a community culture of entrepreneurship to help develop our rural economies.
The Torfaen Local Development Strategy 2014-2020 governs and prioritises the work of the LAG, and supports the decisions members make on where funding is targeted and what activities are supported at a local level.
Become a LAG member
We are always keen to recruit new LAG members to help drive the 2014-2020 RDP Programme in Torfaen.
Applications are welcome from organisations, groups and individuals with skills, knowledge and expertise that reflect the priorities of the LDS:
- Enhancing the local environment - Broaden the understanding of opportunities to create a sustainable local environment through protecting and enhancing the natural landscape
- Developing local produce - To build a locally based, sustainable food industry, through creating opportunities in production, processing and distribution of locally grown food.
- Promoting Tourism - Increase the visitor offer through the co-ordination of tourism related activities.
- Encouraging enterprise - Create opportunities to develop sustainable enterprises by encouraging networking, training and mentoring.
- Community action - To achieve self-sufficient rural community leadership, which is well supported and skilful in championing the rural interests in Torfaen.
To learn more about the work of the LAG please view the Local Action Group Terms of Reference.
If you’d like to register your interest in becoming a member of the LAG, please complete the Local Action Group Expression of Interest Form.
To learn more about the work of the LAG or to discuss becoming a LAG member, please contact:
Nikki Williams, Rural Development Manager
Tel: 01495 742147
All enquiries and expressions of interest regarding application for membership will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and in line with Data Protection legislation.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top