Chief Executive & Strategic Directors Team
The team are responsible for shaping policy and strategy and work closely with elected Members.
They are accountable for delivering on broad outcomes that will make big improvements in the quality of life of the people of Torfaen.
All Strategic Directors are based at:
Civic Centre, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 6YB
Tel: 01495 762200.
Office hours are 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday
The Chief Executive is Alison Ward.
Assistant Chief Executive (Strategy)
The Assistant Chief Executive (Strategy) is Dave Congreve.
Dave is responsible for:
- Developing cross cutting strategy and policy;
- Providing support for corporate & strategic activities, including the Council’s Transformation Programme;
- Leading on, and being accountable for, the achievement of key outcomes that contribute to real change in the quality of life of the people of Torfaen, guided by members’ priorities; and
- Working closely with elected members in shaping policy within the context of the needs and aspirations of local communities.
Assistant Chief Executive (Resources)
The Assistant Chief Executive (Resources) is Nigel Aurelius.
Nigel is responsible for:
- Human Resources and Employee Services
- Health and Safety
- Financial Services
- Pensions Administration and Investment
- Internal Audit
- Revenues, Benefits and Customer Services
- Legal and Asset Management
Last Modified: 20/12/2018
Back to top
- Fulfils the role of Section 151 Officer for the Council
- Provides advice to members and to the strategic management team as to how the Council’s financial, physical, and human resources can best be employed to deliver on its strategic objectives
- Ensures that the Council’s resources are being used wisely and effectively to provide value for money for the Council Tax payer
- Deputises for the Chief Executive in her absence
- Chair of Capital Board
- Chair of Corporate Governance & Risk Management Group
- SRS Public Board Member