Corporate Recovery Plan
In 2016 Council adopted Corporate Plan 3, the key strategic document we would use to guide how Torfaen council delivers its services between 2016 and 2021, it was used to focus the council’s resources on working with communities to create an improved, more equal and sustainable future for the people of Torfaen.
Council has now adopted its Corporate Plan from 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2023, based around the existing 3 Corporate Plan Priorities.
In adopting these priorities, it was agreed that the Council’s recovery plan is integrated into our Corporate Plan and the priorities should continue as the Council’s well-being objectives. COVID-19 disrupted much of the planned services during 2020/21, which was also the final year of Corporate Plan 3. Assisting recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 and coordinating this with key regional and national activity, will be a key feature of the Council’s corporate and service planning for at least the next 2 years and possibly beyond.
Whilst it would be possible to draw up a separate recovery plan, it is a more appropriate approach is to prepare a two-year corporate plan, which revises the focus of activities beneath the existing priorities, in the light of COVID-19.
The plan sets out the three areas the council still believes will result in;
- cleaner and greener communities and a sustainable local environment that residents are proud of,
- all young people being given the best possible chance in life by achieving a good education, and
- healthier communities where vulnerable people are assisted to lead socially inclusive, independent lives, free from inequality.
These priorities recognise the challenges facing Torfaen residents as a consequence of the cuts in public services expenditure, demand for services, albeit within a framework of revised priority statements linked to the impacts of the COVID-19 global pandemic. The three priorities are:
- Ensure a clean and green county borough
- Support children and young people’s wellbeing and raise educational attainment
- Support for Torfaen’s most vulnerable residents
The plan sets out not just what the council will do but also the areas we will support, through working alongside partners, local communities, volunteers and residents.
A copy of the full version of the Corporate Recovery Plan is available to read or download.
Last Modified: 18/11/2021
Back to top