Corporate Plan 2
Corporate Plan 2 is the key strategy document that will guide how Torfaen Council delivers its services over the next five years.
Building on the success of its predecessor Corporate Plan 2 will focus the council’s resources on providing support for Torfaen’s most vulnerable citizens and communities.
It sets out the seven areas the council believes will improve the quality of life for everyone who lives, works and visits Torfaen. These priorities recognise the challenges facing Torfaen residents as a consequence of the severe cutbacks in public services expenditure, the cuts in benefits and the prospect of escalating unemployment.
The seven priorities are:
- Supporting families and children living in poverty to get through the recession
- Preventing Torfaen residents becoming homeless
- Safeguarding children, especially those with additional (special) educational needs and supporting positive attitudes towards education
- Protecting the most vulnerable adults and supporting those with disabilities and other long-term conditions
- Targeting support to deprived communities and families suffering from crime and anti-social behaviour
- Using resources wisely, to include maintaining the highway infrastructure and reducing energy consumption and waste
- Supporting initiatives which generate employment and training for work opportunities
A copy of the full version of the Corporate Plan 2 (English) and Corporate Plan 2 (Welsh) is available to download here.
The original Corporate Plan can be downloaded here.
A copy of the Corporate Plan Video and the Corporate Plan 2 - Planets poster are available here.
For more information on the Corporate Plan email the Improvement Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top