Corporate Plan 1
The Council’s first ever Corporate Plan was published at the end of October 2006, covering a period of five years up until March 2011. It was based on five key priorities which represented the Council’s primary focus up until 2010/11 for improving the quality of life in Torfaen. These priorities were:
- To improve the quality, variety and affordability of housing, and reduce the level of homelessness
- To reduce crime and antisocial behaviour, and take action to help people feel safe in their neighbourhoods
- To improve the quality of teaching and learning for young people and other students and to equip citizens of all ages with the necessary skills for employment and the regeneration of their local communities
- To improve waste management and increase recycling, creating a cleaner, more energy efficient area
- To improve services for vulnerable people and improve health outcomes for everyone by promoting healthier lifestyles
The Corporate Plan constituted the Council’s Improvement Plan and because of this the Council was required to publish an annual update, highlighting the Council's planned improvements for the year ahead as well as the progress made towards achieving the five key priorities.
A copy of the full version of the Corporate Plan Annual Update 2010/11 is available to download here.
A Summary of the Corporate Plan Annual Update 2010/11 is also available to download here in both English and Welsh.
The following related documents are also available to download:
For more information on the Corporate Plan please contact the Improvement Team.
Last Modified: 05/12/2018
Back to top