PN027 - Policy & Partnerships Privacy Notice
Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice is designed to give you information about the data we hold about you, how we use it, your rights in relation to it and the safeguards in place to protect it.
TCBC Service Area: Public Services Support Unit
Work area: Policy and Partnerships
Contact Details: Sarah Tipping
Privacy Notice Name: Policy and Partnerships
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer on 01495 762200 or email email@example.com
The Policy and Partnerships team:
- Engage and work with people under the Social Services and Wellbeing Act (Wales) 2014 and the Well-being of Future Generations Act (Wales) 2015.
- Provide information and support to serving members of the Armed Forces and their families and to veterans of the Armed Forces under the Armed Forces Covenant.
We will use your details to send you notice of meetings and suppor ting papers such as agendas and minutes if they are produced by Council officers; to pass on information in relation to the 50plus agenda or Armed Forces Covenant so you are aware of issues and news / pass on the information in relation to your role within the 50plus forums or Armed Forces Network
Who provides your data to the Council?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you.
You will have been elected as a Chair of one of the three Torfaen 50plus forums, agreed to stand as a member of the Wales-wide Cymru Older People’s Alliance or agreed to be a member of the Torfaen Armed Forces network.
How does the Council collect this information?
The Policy and Partnerships team will collect information directly from you via:
- online forms
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Policy and Partnerships team will collect your Name and Email. In some instances (only where you have provided the information) this includes your home address and phone number.
Why does the Council process your personal data?
Under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
(e) We need it to perform a public task
Special categories of personal data
We do not collect any special category or criminal data.
Who has access to your data?
Your data is shared internally only with the appropriate staff where it is necessary for the performance of their roles, for example other officers working within the Council who may help with or take over running these forums and networks.
The Chairs to the 50plus forums are shared with:
- Age Connects Torfaen who is contracted to support the 50plus Forum and has the contact details of all 50plus forum members
- The Older People’s Commissioner for Wales and Welsh Government who make contact with Forum Chairs across Wales on regional and national meetings and items of interest for Chairs to attend on behalf of their local forum or to share with their wider forum members.
The Armed Forces Network contact details are not shared with anyone outside of the network.
Apart from where previously stated, we do not pass your details to third parties unless we are lawfully required do so.
Is the Data transferred out of the UK?
How does the Council keep your data secure?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Access to this data is restricted in accordance with the Council’s internal policies and in compliance with the UK GDPR.
Data will be stored securely in:
Where the Council engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. These third parties are also under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to ensure the security of data.
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area . At the end of the retention period the Council will securely destroy or dispose of the data in line with retention schedules.
- If you stand down from these forums or networks, then we will remove your data within one month of receiving this information.
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of Rights you can exercise:
- Access - to obtain a copy of your data on request
- Rectification – to require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Object, Restrict or Delete - under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data portability – to receive and/or transmit data provided to the Council to other organisations (this applies in limited circumstances)
- Withdraw your consent at any time (where consent has been given)
- To know the consequences of failing to provide data to the Council
- To know the existence of any A utomated Decision-making, including profiling, and the consequences of this for you.
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact: Sarah Tipping , Civic Centre, Pontypool, Sarah.Tipping@Torfaen.gov.uk
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office (Wales), 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH. Telephone 0330 414 6421 or e-mail Wales@ico.org.uk.
Last Modified: 10/05/2023
Back to top