PN065 - Planning & Building Control Privacy Notice
TCBC Service Area: Neighbourhoods, Planning and Public Protection
Work area: Planning
Contact Details: Richard Lewis
Privacy Notice Name: Planning and Building Control
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer on 01495 762200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have we sourced your personal data, directly from you?
Most information has been sourced directly from you however we may collect information from other sources such as other Council departments or publicly available sources.
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Council collects and processes a range of information about you. This includes:
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses and photos of property
The Council may collect this information in a variety of ways
- Application forms, complainants, Council Members, publicly available information, other Council Departments
We will store your data:
- In secure paper filing systems, archive records, electronic databases
Why does the Council process your personal data?
Necessary to fulfil the tasks in the public interest or exercise of authority vested in the Council, statutory requirements.
For example to process Planning and Building Control applications, enforcement complaints
Special categories of personal data:
Who has access to your data?
Your information may be shared with:
- Other Departments of the Council
- Application details will be published on the Public Access website in accordance with our statutory requirements.
The Council shares your data with third parties:
- To enable us to exercise our duties
Is the Data transferred out of the EEA?
How does the Council protect data?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Furthermore data is not accessed by employees except in the performance of their duties.
Where the Council engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. These third parties are also under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to ensure the security of data.
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area.
We will keep your information in line with our Local Authority retention schedules. The Statutory Planning Register is kept in perpetuity
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of rights you can exercise:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- to know the period of time that the data will be stored for
- the right to data portability
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
- the consequences of if you fail to provide data to the Council the existence of and automated decision-making, including profiling and the consequences of this for you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Planning and Building Control at email@example.com
Last Modified: 09/05/2023
Back to top