PN042 - Special Diets Privacy Notice
Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice is designed to give you information about the data we hold about you, how we use it, your rights in relation to it and the safeguards in place to protect it.
TCBC Service Area: Neighbourhoods, Planning and Public Protection
Work area: Catering and Cleaning
Contact Details: Tracy James
Privacy Notice Name: Special Diets
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details below.
Data Protection Officer: Susan Bullock - 01633 647467 - Email: email@example.com
This Privacy Notice provides information on what data the Special Diets service collects from you and how we use it.
Who provides your data to the Council?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you as a parent/guardian of the child to enable us to provide catering for special dietary requirements
We receive personal information indirectly from the school office
How does the Council collect this information:
- Paper Form
- Direct contact from you via telephone, email or in person
- Via school or catering staff
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Special Diets service collects:
- Pupil Name
- Age/Date of Birth
- Medical Information (e.g. allergies)
- Religious/ethical or cultural information if relevant
- Parent contact details
Why does the Council process y our personal data?
Under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
Special categories of personal data:
We collect the following special category data:
- personal data revealing religious or philosophical beliefs
- data concerning health
We collect this under Article 9 of the UK GDPR.
We do not collect criminal data.
Who has access to your data?
Your data is shared internally only with the appropriate staff where it is necessary for the performance of their roles.
Apart from where previously stated, we do not pass your details to third parties unless we are lawfully required do so.
Is the Data transferred out of the UK?
How does the Council keep your data secure?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Access to this data is restricted in accordance with the Council’s internal policies and in compliance with the UK GDPR.
Data will be stored securely in:
- Secure electronic filing system
- Secure paper filing system
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area. At the end of the retention period the Council will securely destroy or dispose of the data in line with retention schedules.
- Information is securely destroyed when the pupil leaves the school
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of Rights you can exercise:
- Access - to obtain a copy of your data on request
- Rectification – to require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Object, Restrict or Delete - under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data portability – to receive and/or transmit data provided to the Council to other organisations (this applies in limited circumstances))
- Withdraw your consent at any time (where consent has been given)
- To know the consequences of failing to provide data to the Council
- To know the existence of any Automated Decision-making, including profiling, and the consequences of this for you.
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Torfaen Schools Catering at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office (Wales), 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH. Telephone 0330 414 6421 or e-mail Wales@ico.org.uk
Last Modified: 20/07/2022
Back to top