Concessionary Fares Privacy Notice
TCBC Service Area: Neighbourhoods, Planning and Public Protection
Work area: Concessionary Fares
Contact Details: Michelle Mitchell
Privacy Notice Name: Highways and Transportation
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
Data Protection Officer: Susan Bullock - 01633 647467 - Email: email@example.com
Have we sourced your personal data, directly from you?
Personal data may be provided to us in the form of application forms, by the individual or another department acting on their behalf
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Council collects and processes a range of information about you.
- Date of birth
- National Insurance or Birth Certificate number
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Health or disability information
The Council may collect this information in a variety of ways:
Application forms, other Council Departments
We will store your data:
- In Electronic filing systems
Why does the Council process your personal data?
To comply with the legal obligations of the Council Consent
Special categories of personal data
Yes, we may record a disability indicator, but we do not retain details of this
We can process this category of data because
- The data subject gave explicit consent
Who has access to your data?
Is the Data transferred out of the EEA
How does the Council protect data?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Furthermore data is not accessed by employees except in the performance of their duties.
Where the Council engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions. These third parties are also under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate measures to ensure the security of data.
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow Local Authority standards and any funding or archival requirements.
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of rights you can exercise:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- to know the period of time that the data will be stored for
- the right to data portability
- the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
- the consequences of if you fail to provide data to the Council
- the existence of and automated decision-making, including profiling and the consequences of this for you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact ITU@torfaen.gov.uk or telephone 01495 762200
Last Modified: 21/07/2022
Back to top