PN061 - Children in Entertainment Privacy Notice
Torfaen County Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy when you use our services. This Privacy Notice is designed to give you information about the data we hold about you, how we use it, your rights in relation to it and the safeguards in place to protect it.
TCBC Service Area: Education Service
Work area: Education Welfare Service
Contact Details: Vicky Cambridge - 01495 766965
Privacy Notice Name: Children in Entertainment
Data Controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool, NP4 6YB
If you wish to raise a concern about the handling of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer on 01495 762200 or email email@example.com
Who provides your data to the Council?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly using the licence application form via the person/company responsible for putting on the performance
How does the Council collect this information:
What information does the Council collect about you?
The Education Welfare Service collects
- Name and address of schools attended by the child during the twelve months preceding the date of this application or, if he has not attended school, copy of passport or birth certificate, photograph, a copy of the contract/draft contract or other documents containing particulars of the agreement regulating the child’s appearance in the performance or regulating the activity for which the licence is requested
- health declaration signed by the parent/guardian
- sums that the child earns, particulars of each licence granted during the twelve months preceding the date of this application by any local authority other than the licensing authority to whom this application is made
- Particulars of each application for a licence made during the twelve months preceding the date of this application and refused by any local authority other than the licensing authority to whom this application is made
- Particulars of each performance for which a licence was not required in which the child took part during the twelve months preceding the date of this application, stating in each case, dates (if any) on which the child has been absent from school during the twelve months preceding the date of this application by reason of his taking part in a performance or activity, particulars of any other form of employment in which the child is employed during the twenty-eight days preceding the day of the first performance or first activity for which the licence is requested
Why does the Council process your personal data?
Under Article 6 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is:
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
Please note we may ask for consent to engage in the service or for the sharing of information with providers, however, consent is not the legal basis we rely on to process your personal data
Special categories of personal data:
We collect the following special category data
We collect this under Article 9 of the UK GDPR.
We do not collect criminal data
Who has access to your data?
Your data is shared internally only with the appropriate staff where it is necessary for the performance of their roles.
Your data may also be shared externally with organisations because a child may be performing in their area. These may include, but not be limited to;
Apart from where previously stated, we do not pass your details to third parties unless we are lawfully required do so.
Is the Data transferred out of the UK?
How does the Council keep your data secure?
The Council has internal policies in place to ensure the data it processes is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed. Access to this data is restricted in accordance with the Council’s internal policies and in compliance with the UK GDPR.
Data will be stored securely in;
How long does the Council keep your data?
The Council will hold your personal data only for the period that is necessary and will follow organisational and Local Authority standards in this area. At the end of the retention period the Council will securely destroy or dispose of the data in line with retention schedules.
We will keep your information in line with our Local Authority retention schedules. Date of birth + 25 years
Are we making automated decisions/profiling with your data?
You have a number of Rights you can exercise:
- Access - to obtain a copy of your data on request
- Rectification – to require the Council to change incorrect or incomplete data
- Object, Restrict or Delete - under certain circumstances you can require the Council to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing
- Data portability – to receive and/or transmit data provided to the Council to other organisations (this applies in limited circumstances))
- Withdraw your consent at any time (where consent has been given)
- To know the consequences of failing to provide data to the Council
- To know the existence of any Automated Decision-making, including profiling, and the consequences of this for you.
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (Information Commissioners Office)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact (Vicky Cambridge, Torfaen County Borough Council, Civic Centre. Pontypool. NP4 6YB – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office (Wales), 2nd Floor, Churchill House, Churchill Way, Cardiff, CF10 2HH. Telephone 0330 414 6421 or e-mail Wales@ico.org.uk
Last Modified: 09/05/2023
Back to top