Privacy Notice PN102 - COVID 19 (Coronavirus)
The wording in this document reflects the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from the 25th May 2018.
TCBC Service Area: Chief Executives
Work area: Coronavirus Privacy Notice
Contact Details: Stephen Vickers
Privacy Notice Name: PN102 - COVID 19 (Coronavirus)
Data controller: Torfaen County Borough Council, c/o Civic Centre, Pontypool NP4 6YB
Data Protection & Information Governance Officer: Susan Bullock - 01633 647467- Email: email@example.com
This privacy notice explains how Torfaen (as a Data Controller) will collect, use and protect personal data specifically with regards to the coronavirus pandemic.
The Council already holds data on citizens, employees and stakeholders.
Where we already hold information regarding vulnerability as defined in the current guidance from the Government and Public Health Wales, we may share this for emergency planning purposes or to protect your vital interests by sharing with services both inside and outside the Council.
We may, in this current crisis, need to ask you for personal data including sensitive personal data that you have not already supplied - for example, your age or if you have any underlying illnesses or are vulnerable. This is so the Council can assist you and prioritise its services.
If we have information indicating that you are vulnerable in the current pandemic, we may contact you to ensure your safety and to assist you where possible.
As part of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Council administers payments on behalf of Welsh Government including, but not limited to, self-isolation payments, social care workforce special payments and social care financial recognition payments.
You can view the Council’s main Privacy Notice which contains more information on how we collect, use and protect personal data generally, as well as your rights as a data subject.
Covid-19 High Risk Groups
Personal data is being collected to assess and provide support to adults, children and young people who are in high-risk categories and would be considered vulnerable, if infected with Coronavirus.
Assess and provide support for staff
Personal data is being collected to enable the Council to identify any staff (or those closely linked to staff/dependents) who are in any of the high-risk categories and would be considered vulnerable, if infected with Coronavirus.
What is the legal basis for our use of your personal information?
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you, under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The lawful bases we rely on for using your personal information are:
- GDPR Article 6 (d) we need to protect your vital interests
- GDPR Article 6 (e) we need it to perform a public task
When we collect data about your health, we also rely on the following lawful bases:
- GDPR Article 9 (2) (i) we need to collect it for public health
- GDPR Article 9 (2) (j) we need to analyse your information
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you
Who to contact if you have concerns about how your data is being processed
You can contact Torfaen County Council’s Data Protection Team Email: DPA@torfaen.gov.uk
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office using the following details:
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) website: https://ico.org.uk/
Last Modified: 21/03/2022
Back to top
Telephone 0303 123 1113