Support Workers - Social Care + Housing
Diwygiwyd Diwethaf: 18/09/2023
Nôl i’r Brig
- £21,968 to £23,620 Y flwyddyn Pro Rata - Hourly Rate: £11.39 to £12.24
- Social Care & Housing
- 14 September 2021 07:36:00
- 29 September 2023 12:00:00
Guaranteed 25 Weekly Hours (Annualised Hours Contract)
We are part of Torfaen County Borough Council and provide services to people living in the community to support them to live independently, safely and well in their own homes. Our service is flexible and responsive and provides practical help, personal care and support in a way that is focused on the individual and is based on what matters to them.
We currently have vacancies throughout Torfaen in our Intake/Enablement & Dementia teams.
Working throughout Torfaen, you will work five days out of seven on a planned rota. We offer contracts on our Annualised Hours scheme. Support Workers are expected to work a mixture of days and evenings or evenings only. In return, you will further develop your skills and gain valuable experience in Social Care and be part of an innovative service.
Benefits in working for us include: -
- 25% weekend and 15% evening enhancements
- Double credits for bank holidays
- 34 days annual leave (Including bank holiday entitlement)
- Mileage allowance of 45p a mile and paid travelling time
- Pension scheme
- Free DBS checks, uniforms and PPE equipment.
- Mobile phone / Electronic rotas
- You will have a basic understanding of care in the community and experience of caring for people in a paid or voluntary capacity.
- You must be comfortable working on your own, have a flexible approach and be able to maintain good working relationships with service users.
- A current driving licence and use of transport is essential.
- You should be qualified to NVQ level II in Care – or to be willing to work towards Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (QCF)
- Be willing to register with Social Care Wales.
Posts are subject to an enhanced disclosure application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For an informal discussion about the vacancies, please contact Gaynor Evans Team Lead Community Services
- QCF Level 2 or /NVQ 2 in Social Care, or a willingness to complete.
- Full Driving Licence and own transport.
- Basic understanding of Domiciliary Care Services.
- Be registered or willing to register as a Support Worker with Social Care Wales.
For a full list of criteria, please view the job description.
- Sut i ymgeisio:
You are welcome to submit your application in English or in Welsh. Each application will be treated equally.
Please e-mail completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cyfeirnod y Swydd
© Copyright 2023 Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Torfaen