Coach development in Torfaen is co-ordinated by Torfaen County Borough Council's Sports Development Officer who works in partnership with a number of other organisations, Sports Wales, Sports National Governing Bodies and Torfaen Voluntary Alliance.
Coach development in Torfaen:
- Identifies and recruits coaches
- Raises awareness and identifies opportunities for coach continual professional development
- Promotes courses and workshops
- Provides mentoring support to the coaching community
- Updates clubs and coaches of best practice and regulations
- Contributes to and reviews the Coach Development Programme
- Coaches volunteering hours during lunch and after schools clubs
If you're interested in coaching/volunteering in Torfaen please get in touch!
Coaches are vital to sport; they are a massive part of ensuring that people get involved with sports and remain lifelong participants.
If you have any questions or queries, whether you are interested in becoming a coach or if you are already a coach and want information on how to develop those skills further please register on the coach database to receive information on courses, workshops and news, contact the Sports Development Team on 01633 628961.
Last Modified: 05/11/2015
Back to top