Defence Employer Recognition Scheme
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
On the 22 November 2018, Torfaen County Borough Council was awarded the Silver Award, meaning:
Last Modified: 10/04/2019
Back to top
- The council has signed and is delivering the Armed Forces Covenant
- As a local employer, is committed that service personnel/armed forces community are not unfairly disadvantaged as part of the recruiting and selection process
- The council employs individuals from the armed forces community.
- The council ensures that its workforce is aware of the policies towards supporting defence personnel.
- The council recognises the importance of training military personnel and ensures that employed reservists are not disadvantaged.